Consort is seeking a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, invoices, receipts, and payments, across multiple accounts and entities. This position will work closely with our accounting team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds a Finance degree and is familiar with accounting software packages, like Xero and Quickbooks. Experience in the Interior Design world with some knowledge of Studio Designer webware a plus.
Consort is an innovative home decor concept, offering a fresh take on comfortable, cool design through brick and mortar locations, which feature interior design services, a shoppable showroom, and e-commerce. The brand’s cutting edge-classic look draws consumers who enjoy a trend-driven lifestyle and specializes in fashionably edgy home goods with a heightened sense of style.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a young, fast-growing, creative startup in the home space.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and provide operating and financial metrics, trend identification and analysis, performance assessments and feedback - translate analysis into actionable information.
- Oversee financial reporting, cash flow management and vendor communications.
- Manage and report on company’s cash position and other key indicators.
- Manage funds/bank accounts.
- Coordinate client billing summaries, invoicing, and client deposits application.
- Invoicing to include design hours, reimbursements, furnishings approvals, etc.
- Facilitate client communication regarding financial updates.
- Liaise with accountant and Studio Webware consultant for preparations of quarterly projections and year-end financial closings.
- Prepare and pay monthly and quarterly sales tax with..
- Oversee credit card reconciliations.
- Oversee operational expenses - contracts, service agreements, payments, cost-control, etc.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of accounting processes and find ways to improve processes.
- Develop ongoing financial plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Five years experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Xero, and/or Quickbooks
- Some experience in Interior Design and Retail preferred
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes
- Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computation
To apply, email the following to email@example.com, subject line: Bookkeeper
- Cover Letter
- Salary Expectations